Dr. Suzanne Dabbous
Founder, Board Certified Radiologist
Dr. Suzanne Dabbous is the Founder of Avestée Women’s Imaging Center of Alamo Heights and a Board Certified Radiologist. She is a graduate of the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, where she received the highest academic honor of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society Membership. Dr. Dabbous brings a unique imaging perspective to Breast Imaging. During her General Surgery Internship at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, she was able to see first hand the full spectrum of Breast Cancer treatment from surgery through radiation/chemo and reconstruction.
She completed her radiology residency at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas where she received her training in mammography at the Komen Breast Center by one of the countries experts, Dr. Phil Evans.
In addition to Women’s Imaging, Dr. Dabbous is a fellowship trained Neuroradiologist but has chosen to restrict her practice to Women’s Imaging.
She was inspired to open Avestée Women’s Imaging Center when Digital Breast Tomosynthesis was unanimously approved by the FDA in February 2011. She immediately recognized its amazing ability to address the current issues hampering Breast Cancer Screening today, including but not limited to dense breast tissue and committed personally to bringing the technology to San Antonio. “I really wanted to be the first to bring the technology to San Antonio women. When I decided to do this, no one had it. But I am very happy I am able to offer the best to my patients. They deserve it and I am sure it will become the standard of care across the nation soon. Whether they come to me or go elsewhere, every woman should get a 2D/3D combo mode mammogram. If you are going to get a mammogram, why would you settle for anything but the best technology available read by highly trained dedicated women’s imagers?”
- Board Certified by the American College of Radiology
- BA, Honors Humanities Program, University of Texas at Austin
- MD, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Recipient of the Jane M. Glasgow Women’s Achievement Citation
- Surgical Internship: Emory University Hospital/Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia
- Radiology Residency: Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Neuroradiology Fellowship: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia